Published Resources Details: Resource Section
- Tasmanian Dam Case
- Environmental Law Publishing - Explaining the law to achieve sustainability
Case summary and links to key documents:
- Writ filed by the Commonwealth of Australia to commence proceedings in the High Court.
- Statement of Claim filed by the Commonwealth of Australia stating facts of the case.
- Amended Statement of Claim filed by the Commonwealth of Australia amending alleged facts.
- Location map of proposed dam site.
- Photographs of dam site and preliminary construction works for an access road taken from an RAAF plane dispatched by the Commonwealth Government. These were tendered in evidence in the High Court.
- Judgment of the High Court in Commonwealth v Tasmania (1983) 158 CLR 1 (1 July 1983).